Monday, December 27, 2010

One Year With Our Little Girl



One year ago today I met and held my daughter for the first time. What a year it has been! When I first met Sitota she was a quiet, shy and frail little girl. She had and still has a smile that will brighten your day. She amazes me with everything she has learned over the past year and how she will try anything! She has learned to read, write, ride a bike and rip stick, ice skate, swim, and so much more in this past year. She has also physically grown A LOT...when we brought her home she was 4 ft 4 in and 59 pounds. Today she is 4 ft 10 in and 85 pounds!! It is hard to keep up with her (on many levels!). She is truly an inspiration to us and we are So Blessed to be able to call her our daughter. Enjoy the pictures of her from a year ago and today...looks like she aged about 3 years!!! Love to all - Melissa

4 comments:

Holly Scheuren said...

I LOVE seeing how Sitota is changing from that little, shy girl I met at the Care House into a beautiful, bright, happy young woman!

Sue Muchowski said...

I love following your family on facebook. You and Scott are doing a wonderful job parenting. The children all look so happy. Sitota is beautiful.

meg said...

this makes my heart smile.

oh sweet sitota, happy one year famiversary!!!!

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

Love it!!! So glad to have your family in my life!! Happy one year home Sitota...LOVE YOU!!

Ms. Karen
www.hernkekid.blogspot.com