Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One Year Ago



I can not at all believe that one year ago today I was at the airport in Green Bay anxiously awaiting the arrival of our son Delson. It had been such a LONG journey for Delson to get to us, that I really thought the day would NEVER come when I would be holding my son in my arms forever. This year has been full of challenges, but through it all I know that this was all God's plan and that Delson is truly a blessing in my life. Delson continues to grow in so many ways and I LOVE growing closer to him daily. Tonight he wanted to go to McDonalds for ice cream to celebrate his famiversary. Posted is a picture of us from the airport last year and one from McDonalds tonight. You can start to see the joy in his eyes and for that I am SO thankful! Melissa

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy famiversary!!

Patty said...

Totally awesome!!! Love that kid!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! From your kindergartner buddy. = )

milreb said...

Oh, those eyes say so much. So happy to see happy there! I have never heard the word famiversary. Have been looking for a Gotcha Day alternative. Maybe I will borrow this from you. :) Hope you guys are doing well, hanging in there with winter and Packer mania. -- Rebecca