Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What if I were Angelina?????

The question listed in the title of this post has come up several times throughout our adoption process. Usually posed in ways like: "well I bet if you were Angelina Jolie you would have Jean Delson home." or "Don't you wish you had $$ like Angelina Jolie, then you could just go down to Haiti and pick him up.". I have to admit that these things did cross my mind at times, but the more I get into the international adoption scene, the more I realize celebrities like Angelina and Madonna are just people like you and me. They do not get "special" treatment just because they are famous.
Actually, when celebrities adopt an orphaned child the facts are....
Another child is getting a home vs. living in an orphanage.
They make headlines...making adoption a 'feel-good' story in the
news.
They encourage others to adopt from those countries. (Ethiopia &
Vietnam are suddenly gaining popularity in adoption by Americans.)
So...What are the facts of Angelina's Adoption? Read them HERE:
http://www.everythingforadoption.com/angelinas-adoption-story.asp

Keep Praying more people will consider Adoption as another way to
create a family!~Melissa

No comments: