Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wicked, Walking and Words

What an exciting week we are having so far. First of all Scott and I got to go on a Wicked good date on Tuesday night. We went with our friends, Amy and Andy, to dinner and then to see Wicked. Amy managed to get Wicked good seats and the show was wonderful!! Some of you may not know, but I am the BIGGEST fan of Wicked!! I know all the words to all the songs and it was difficult not to sing along, but I think I did rather well (right Andy??) . Micah was at Grandma Mary's while we went to the show and she said that he was only awake about an hour and then slept the rest of the time...what an angel!
In other news, Micah is getting so good with his walking. He has started only holding on to one adult hand now and then cruising around. Also he will pull himself up from sitting to standing using the couch or a table and walks around from the couch to the love seat unassisted...usually it is to get to the remote or something. He is going to be running around all alone before we know it.
Micah has also added some new words to his vocabulary such as MOMMA! Granted he does not say it as much as he says dada or daddy, but I will take what I can get! He can also tell you that a sheep says bah and a cow says moo. And if he drops something you can often hear him say uh-oh afterwards. If you ask him where the light is he will point up to the lights on the ceiling fans. One of his favorite things to do is look at all the family pictures hanging on the wall and wants me to tell him every ones names as he points to them. So far if you ask him who daddy is or mommy is or Jaxon is (his cousin), he can point them out for you. We are working on everyone else yet :-). Scott and I can not believe how fast he is learning and growing up...AMAZING!!! ~Melissa

2 comments:

awojtowski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
awojtowski said...

I will verify that Melissa is the biggest Wicked fan I have ever known and being on one side of her through the musical she did very well allowing a noob to the Wicked phenomenon enjoy the show.

Thank you Melissa.