Wednesday, April 29, 2009

All in a Days Work!

My "work" days have changed drastically since Micah came home. Having a 14 month old for a "boss" can proof to be very interesting. Here is an average day at work now:
5:30 am - up and adam, time to get right to work the boss is calling!
6:00 am - breakfast is served, while the big boss man eats I do the following: make Daddy his lunch, take the dog out, pick up a fork or cup about 50 times, make juice and start coffee (a bad habit we picked up in Ethiopia!)
6:30 am- I my 15 minute break to shower and get dressed for the day
7:00 - head downstairs for play time and usually some web cam time with Grandma and Grandpa
8:30- Time to head back upstairs to get boss man his morning snack (yogurt) and some juice. We watch Elmos World as he dines! Then we look through books and play
9:30 - Boss man is usually getting tired. We rock in his chair and sing songs and before you know it he is snoring in my arms.
10-11:30ish - This is my mid morning break. I take this time to catch up on laundry or some light cleaning...and I admit I also catch up on computer stuff (but don't tell the boss!)
11:30 - The boss is up and he is Hungry! Make lunch for us and take some time to sit down and enjoy!
1:00 - If it is nice we take our 1st walk of the day to go and look for neighborhood puppies that may be out. Micah LOVES puppies and wants to see them all. We usually stop at the park and meet up with some of Micah's friends
3:00 - Time for Micah's afternoon bottle (and mom to watch a few minutes of Ellen while he enjoys his drink!!)
3:30 - Back outside, unless it is raining or crumby out (in which case we play in the toy room), we take our 2nd walk to the park and play with a whole new group of kids. His favorite thing to do is walk up the stairs and down the stairs and up the stairs and down the stairs...of course this requires me to also walk up the stairs and down the stairs too!!! Maybe that is why I have lost 17 pounds since getting this new job!!
4:30- We head inside so I can start supper. While I am cooking, the boss is usually watching Elmo or Hairy...or he is playing with the pots and pans.
5:00- Daddy is home and supper is served!!
5:30 - I clean up from supper while Micah takes more pots and pans out for me to pick up!
6:00- Boss man wants to head back outside for a 3rd walk in the stroller...this time Daddy comes along and brings Pepe...What a treat!!
7:00 - Bath and PJ time!
7:30 - time for bed...Sometimes I get to have some time off and Daddy does bed time singing :)
After all the messes for the day are cleaned up...I have "off" for the rest of the night, but I am "on call" at all hours if the "Boss" needs me he just calls and I am there!!
Though it is a l0t of work...I LOVE my new job and can not imagine doing anything else! Melissa

3 comments:

Jennifer Ladd said...

I just found your blog through a blogroll ... congratulations! My husband and I are just starting our adoption of our second little girl (my first daughter is from Vietnam). We are researching an agency we would like to work with ... if you have a free moment, would you be able to e-mail me about the agency you worked with? I would just feel so much better if I could talk to someone who experienced the process first-hand. Thank you so much!
Jennifer
jennifereladd@yahoo.com

P.S. We live in Wisconsin, too!

Anonymous said...

Your day has become a very busy schedule. I was thinking how it was 33 years ago when I was a at home mom. Keep up the good work and enjoy every moment.

Anonymous said...

Wow...I got tired just reading that. Now I know what to look forward to when we adopt our Russian little girl!! As you said..it is a TON of work but SO worth it!!

Karen Hernke( Kelly's Aunt)