Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Surgery goes well

Yesterday our little guy went in for surgery. It was an outpatient surgery, something most little boys have done right after birth, and everything went well. The procedure took about 1 hour and they brought us into the recovery room shortly afterward so I could hold him as he woke up. Micah was such a brave little guy and is doing Great. He was so cute when they were showing us his dressing, I said that he was almost done and that he had done so good and he started to clap. He was barely awake and still had his IV in, but heard that he did good and clapped...bless his heart! He also does not hold a grudge because he said BYE to the nurses as we were leaving. They gave him a stuffed Big Bird to take home for being so brave. Here are some pics from the event(they were taken on Scott's BlackBerry, so sorry for the quality). Melissa

3 comments:

meg said...

glad he did so well!!!

ps...are you losing weight??

Melissa said...

Hey Meg -
Thank you for the well wishes for Micah.

I have been losing weight, just by chasing around the little one...17 pounds so far!! It is great to have a baby :)

my life, my loves! said...

So glad he did so well!

You look great! :) I can't wait for Luca to run around so I can lose some weight.