Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Big Plan


This has been such a wonderful week. As I sit here today, still not able to totally take in the fact that we are parents, I think of all this year has brought us. We had the heartache of a failed adoption, the scariness of starting on another international adoption journey and now the joy of becoming parents to a beautiful, incredible baby boy. I was thinking of all the blessings God has given us and how when we are willing to give everything over to Him and accept His plan, the things that He makes happen are incredible. I feel strongly that everything that we have gone through in the past 2.5 years has not been in vain, but instead part of a bigger plan, God's plan. And when I started to realize and accept that I needed to let God be in control, everything started to come together. I have come to realize that when we first began this journey, I may have been being selfish about it and trying to make it MY plan, but when doors kept closing it was then that I started to go to God in prayer and look for the answer that he was giving me. I began to realize I was not the one in control and I needed to realize that God would place the right child in our life at the right time and now he has. I know that Micah was meant to be a part of our family and we make a promise to God to bring Micah up in a way that is pleasing to God!~Melissa

1 comment:

Joshua Grover-David Patterson said...

I totally know what you mean. I can see God's work as a thread through our whole adoption journey of almost three years, in the trials and in the triumphs. Without some of the difficulties we experienced, our Mihret wouldn't be here with us. It is so cool to experience God at work. We are glad to be experiencing it alongside you.