Friday, January 15, 2010

Week in Review

We had a busy week again. Scott went back to work on Tuesday, so I got to have the whole day alone with the kids for the first time. Everything went well, even better than I expected. We tried out the Easy bake oven and let me tell you, there was NOTHING easy about it! After 33 minutes and 13 dishes, we got to enjoy 3 very small (not so good tasting) pretzels. On Wednesday we had picture day. I wanted to get the kids pictures done together, but for some reason Micah was not at all interested. Luckily Sitota was more than interested in having her picture taken. The biggest problem I had with her was trying to pick which pose to use, since they were all so good! Thursday we decided to meet my parents in FondDuLac to do a little shopping for the little Diva. She got the rest of the things she needed for school and Micah got to have some fun playing with grandpa on the rides in the mall. Then we were off to McDonalds for Sitota's first visit to the playland...she LOVED it :) We also had time to visit dad at work so he could show off his precious little ones! Friday was eye doctor day for Sitota. When we went for her doctor appointment last week they mentioned that we may want to have her eyes looked at because she did not do well on the little eye exam. Well, it was a good thing we brought her in because she is very far-sighted. The doctor said that it is a rather substantial prescription and she will really benefit from her glasses. She did enjoy picking out her frames, though I had to talk her out of the bright pink ones...don't think dad would like those! She is so cute in them and gave me a big kiss and told me she loved me when she put them on! She is doing so great, it is amazing. She has several words she can spell now including: Stop, Go, Dog, Cat, Dollar, Mom, Dad, and Troedel! Everyday she is doing new things and it is just awesome to watch her thrive! We have a busy weekend again with family. Enjoy the pics - Melissa

3 comments:

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Your kids are so cute and I love the new glasses! Glad to see the transition is going well for everyone in the family!

Dawn said...

love the glasses

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

It is sooo great to hear all the good news...sooo happy for you all and can't wait for the playdate:) Sitota...I love your new glasses...they look VERY nice on you.